Friday, June 1, 2012

FIRE AND ICE



                                  FIRE AND ICE


 I remember always being called a "tomboy" when I was a kid. Instead of playing dress up with the other girls, I'd sit down on the concrete, in amongst all the boys and trade GI Joes. Yes, I said, trade GI Joes. I LOVED it. I remember when garbage pail kids cards were the rave. The girls grew out of the fad quickly, but me? I had EVERY SINGLE ONE and used to torment the boys when I wouldn't trade with them. I always prayed that when I had a little girl, she would be like me. And I can proudly say, SHE IS! She is my fire and ice. Recently we enrolled her in soccer. She runs her butt off around that field, never stops to ask for water and she kicks her little heart out even though she doesn't know which goal is hers half the time. She comes home a sweaty, dirty, banged up mess and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. But what's funny is, one day after that, she turns into a graceful, beautiful, elegant ballerina. She loves ballet and tap and has caught the fever to be on a stage. I took dance lessons for almost 20 years. I became an assistant teacher and then a teacher. It was (and still secretly is) my passion in life. Knowing that my little girl has now discovered the love for dance that I have is a feeling that cannot be described. In my heart and soul I know that my girl has what I can only describe as "fire and ice." And I couldn't be more proud.




No comments:

Post a Comment